Using The Fruit Truck's apples I wanted to make a pie, and I wanted to make one quickly, but I wasn't at my own house, and I had very few ingredients available. I also didn't have a car, so we were working with very few options. That didn't stop me though. No butter, no rolling pin, no problem.
Here we go:
3 cups flour
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk (I actually didn't even have milk, shocker I know, so I used heavy whipping cream and a little water)
5-6 apples, sliced into cubes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare your pie crust in large bowl. Mix flour and salt. Add milk and vegetable oil.
- Stir together
- Gently knead it into a ball and divide into two parts
- Fit one piece into your pie plate
- Dice apples, or slice them, up to you
- Mix together with brown sugar, flour and cinnamon
- Spoon mixture into pie plate
- Top with second pie crust, I did a lattice in strips for ventilation, but if you don't do that make sure to cut a few slits in top
- I also brushed on an egg wash to give the pie some color, just crack an egg and brush he whites onto crust (optional)
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees then 30 minutes at 380 degrees
- Let cool and top with ice cream, Cool Whip or whipped cream
**Pie should be lightly browned and pie filling should be bubbling, if you use a clear pie plate, the crust should be light/medium brown on the bottom.
This pie is super easy, and I managed to make it with very few ingredients, and I also rolled all the dough by hand. It turned out for me, it can for you too!
Also, since it's fall and we have been watching a lot of Halloween themed shows on FOOD Network, we added a little orange food coloring to our whipped cream. For looks, I wouldn't reccomend it LOL, but it sure tasted good.